Monday, March 7, 2011

Kaleb's Waffle

Kaleb made waffles on Saturday morning....We don't know how he did it but all of the waffles came out this way. We thought the first was a fluke but then he mastered his technique and created these really cool, crispy, Grand Canyon like waffles. They were really good. And probably only half the Weight Watchers points since they were only half filled. Thank you Kaleb! The first one he overflowed when he dropped the lid...batter oozed everywhere. I felt pretty proud of myself that I didn't become a crazed woman, foaming at the mouth over spilt milk.I was pure calm as Kaleb is running in circles trying to figure out what to do about all of the batter spilling out the sides. Maybe it was because he was frantic I didn't need to be. Whew. Kind of nice to have someone else freaking out over something for once. He wouldn't believe me that it was okay for the waffle iron to look as if it was a 10 month old, who doesn't want to eat its peas. And that it was easier to clean up when it was baked on rather than just batter. Either way I told Kaleb that someday he would make his future wife proud that he knows how to cook. Now if I can just get Jared to stop setting off that smoke alarm.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Do you like my new picture of me...

Carol said...

What a great story teller you are Pam, I could visualize that whole senario. You are good woman. I am so glad you didn't freak out. What was the point, right. Look at what an example you were for him. You are some kind of wonderful in my book...the best..and most appreciated. I'm just sayin.....