Sunday, August 28, 2022

Douglas

Douglas came to be a part of our family in July. 
I love this dog!
He is mostly Great Dane, St. Bernard and Mastiff.
He's only 20 months old, so who knows how much more he is going to grow. He is the sweetest dog. It took MerkTavitch 6 whole days of keeping them separated to have him fully accept Doug. He just didn't know how to interact with him, he was so big. He came with the name Titan which we all had trouble calling  him that. So we made a long list of names that were fitting and we muscle tested to see which one resonated with his body better. Plus he answered to Doug.
We call him Big Doug, Douglas, Dougy, and just Doug.
He is totally chill which is what I absolutely need with already having high energy border collies!
So he is officially my dog. He pretty much listens to me best anyway.
He likes to sit on Victoria. 
He cracks me up. He is considered a dry mouth so he has less drool. We had to get a goat bucket for water because it would just siphon out the side of his mouth. His crate is HUGE. Jasper likes it best. And now, he plays so well with Merk. They LOVE eachother!
I found out on a morning walk that when he is hot....or not, he lays down in the canal. So I set up a kiddie pool that we have had for years when it is hot outside. He cools off frequently. He'll even go outside, cool down, shake off and come back in side the house! Thankfully he shook off outside!!
I think he is loving his new home!
The boys were on a backpacking trip through the Uintas so Victoria and I sent them pictures of the dogs on and in their beds! Merk always gets a little out of sorts when Kaleb isn't home at night but I will have to say that with Douglas around, he transitioned so much better than he has ever done. Douglas is Merk's Chill Pill.




 

No comments: