Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of School

Yes, it's that time again. I feel like I spent alot of time planning for school all summer and now summer's over. It will be nice to get back into the groove of school. This year is a little different than previous years. For one...Daphne is a Senior in High School. I can't believe we have made it this far with wonderful results. Jared is in his first year of High School. EEk, two high schoolers!! Kaleb is a big 5th grader. And little Victoria is Kindergarten! This is a memorable year with Daphne finishing school and Victoria technically starting school. Poor kid has been doing school for the past two years but didn't really count. It was mostly to keep her occupied. It worked. This will be the first year that I can't school any of the kids together with the same subject. Everyone has their plan and somehow by the grace of God I will be able to guide them effectively through their studies and grow into who they are intended to be. It is going to be quite the challenge but I am always up for it. I think they are too. They're good kids. They "usually" do what their teacher instructs them to do. Sometimes I feel like we are a little insane homeschooling and would like some time to myself. But then I think about the relationships that we have as a family and I wouldn't trade them for anything. God blesses us every day when I hear the girls playing Barbies together knowing that Daphne would most likely do something else or seeing some huge creation that the boys built together out of Legos in their bedroom. Life is too short to let some precious moments slip past.
The girls made cupcakes for our first day of school. I love having a daughter who bakes. Daphne got the idea out of Family Fun magazine that came in the mail just 4 days ago. She is a big help around the kitchen. The other day Kaleb and Victoria drew cookies on a paper plate and held it up outside of Daphne's room chanting "We want cookies...bake some cookies..." We all know who to go to when we want something sweet as a treat. A sweet girl for a sweet treat!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Those totally look like apples. What a great start. You are doing a wonderful job and you will see the fruits of your labors the remainder of their lives. It is a lot of hard work and a big commitment, but you are doing it, not everyone can say that.