Monday, September 4, 2017

Selfie!

Jacks was being obnoxious like any billy goat can be so I flipped the camera around on my phone so he could see himself. At first he didn't know what to make of it and then came back and really took a look. He got really quiet. He was probably thinking "who is that handsome dude?"
Recently, he took a night stroll through the neighborhood without us knowing. He showed up a couple streets over in someones backyard. They tied him up and posted him on facebook but then got away and showed up several streets in the opposite direction and bellowed all night on top of someones shed. When we realized he was gone, Victoria set out on her bike and I started driving through the neighborhood. One of our friends set me on the right path until I found out he got away again and was still missing. I immediately called our Animal Control guy who is an awesome rancher guy. He is the nicest guy. Anyway, I asked him about seeing our goat and he said he was looking at one. I asked him "is he grey?"
Nolan said "yes..."
I asked...."does he stink?"
Nolan said "must be him!"
As soon as I pulled into the driveway and Jacks heard my voice he started crying frantically, like....MOM....MOM....get me out of jail!!!!!
I had to entice him with cheerios to pass up the van. He didn't want to leave the van. He wanted IN the van. Knowing that I didn't want the van to stink like him and the animal control guy and I both didn't want to have to pick him up and stink up his truck....I elected to walk Jacks home. We were quite a scene with me walking this brute of a Billy Goat with huge horns along the street with the Animal Control swinging a dog leash behind him to keep him moving. Jacks was so happy to be home he charged down the street when he knew where we were. 
He was exhausted and slept the WHOLE day!
I didn't even have to take the squirt gun out with me when I had to get to the canal to turn on our irrigation pump. He can be so bad! 
I am thankful to have a great, understanding community and a wonderful Animal Control guy!

No comments: