Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Look What I Did!

Victoria and I were doing school. She was learning how to sew stitches on a fake skin pad for Animal Science. She had learned the surgeon's knot and running stitches too. I told her to leave it out so she can teach Kaleb how to do it too because he will want to know. 
And then my phone dings.....
Look What I Did?

 My boys love to freak me out. 
They love to rattle my cage.
They both get excited over emergency type situations. 
I think they get it from me being a PICU nurse...retired.
Anyway, I see this, the phone rings and Kaleb is saying he is okay but he is having a really hard time telling me what happened. His Apraxia is kicking in which only happens when he is really tired or frazzled. I'm looking at his forehead and I'm thinking CONCUSSION!!! NO NO NO!!
I told Kaleb to hold on, I'm coming to his work to look at it myself because he didn't think he needed to go to Urgent Care. 
 So I found out that the grinder he was using on metal...he works at RC Welding as a welder, kicked back, cut through his leather glove. He and his boss was washing it in the sink and he blacked out, and hit his head against the wall. It was a good thing his boss was there, because he said where he was falling was much worse than where he fell.
So, off to Urgent Care, where his forehead got glued, and his hand stitched up because it went down and knicked the tendon! We are all so thankful that he was wearing leather gloves....like he always does. We tell the doctor that we were just at home practicing surgeons knots etc. I video taped him stitching Kaleb's hand for Victoria to watch (she went home with Kirk and Kaleb's truck), and the doctor totally narrates everything he is doing and pretty much gives her a personal demonstration of what to do and why. It was awesome! 

No comments: