Saturday, February 7, 2009

Happy 13th Birthday Jared!

Wow! Jared is 13. And he is sooo 13 too. He doesn't know when to stop teasing...his feet are huge...he knows how to push everyone's buttons...I mean everyone's...he eats your food when you aren't looking. He manages to get someone else to make his lunch 4-5 times a week. He usually just waits to see what Daphne is going to eat and then "gets" in on it. Nice. He gives great piggy back rides. He is a great builder with Legos. Very detailed creations. He loves History. He knows more about the wars than I do. I love that. And he isn't afraid to inform you or correct you regarding specific details. He is kind hearted. He is a great brother and very close to Kaleb. I love their relationship they have with eachother. Something to be protected. He has a great smile. I just love those dimples! He is a Star Wars Fanatic. Is there anything he doesn't know about Star Wars? It is even his favorite section at the library. He is my "right arm". He is always the first person to help out when called for. Even when he doesn't want to do it. He taught me to "let go". He showed me that you could put him to bed clean as a toddler and wake up with a dirty face. I learned that a little dirt doesn't hurt anyone. He taught me to love the color blue. Jared is very proud when I say that he "taught me everything I needed to know about being a parent". He really did. I learned to go to a different ER room each visit, and how to wait patiently for the plastic surgeon as I look at my beautiful son smiling with a gaping wound on his upper lip before the age of 3. He has been a wonderful son. I love watching him mature into a young man. Who would have thought that this tiny baby would grow up and soon be taller than his mother. Lord help me! Jared and his favorite people. Rachelle, Kaleb and Doug. They helped celebrate his birthday today with a few games of laser tag followed up with birthday pizza and cake. Yum! I think it turned out to be a great day!
Jared at 3 months! Did I say I love those dimples? Just makes you want to kiss them. When he was born the nurses kept coming in to see the baby with the "golden hair".
Jared at 6 months with his little doggie that is presently worn but well loved. He was just so darn cute. He still is!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Jared you are absolutely handsome. There is nothing wrong with being an opportunist and making the most of the moment. Happy Birthday. Pam the cake is so cute, very creative. I am sorry it took me so long to write. I read these a while ago but had problems posting my comment and then I have been really busy. I am finding it hard to find time for the computer.