Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sea World

Wow, our trip to Sea World was a whole month ago! Time flies! It was a wonderful trip. We had a pretty good time. This was a wall of ice. Jared had passed by it twice and hadn't noticed that it was ice. We were wondering how the finger holes got there. Kaleb and I decided that perhaps someone with really warm hands stood there and melted hand grips.
This polar bear looked like a big teddy bear. He got tired of playing and was hugging his toy. The Shamu show is just as great as it was when I was little. We all liked this show the best. Whales are beautiful animals. The kids wanted to see if they were as long as Shamu. I think they ended up being about the same length. It was a little eerie watching this huge whale swim up close to my children. Victoria has a new favorite animal. She has set aside her Bison and has picked up her Orca that she named Prince Charming. I love how little kids think.There is never a dull moment in our house. Sometimes I wonder if anyone can be serious. Actually Daphne is pretty serious. Kirk was pretending to be attacked by an octopus. Kaleb quickly followed. The guy behind the register just shook his headIt is so nice having teenagers. It is so much easier to send Daphne or Jared in after Victoria. I had the wrong kind of shoes. So I was informed to wear different shoes the second day because climbing the nets was alot of fun. It looks alot easier than it really is. This particular part was a little intimidating to Victoria so Daphne actually carried her across. I am surprised she was actually able to do it. I think they bonded that very moment because Victoria thought her big sister was pretty cool after that. Atleast for that day. Heehee.

Kaleb envisioning what it would be like to be Mr. Popper and one of his penguinsThis was Daphne's and Kaleb's favorite spot. They both could have stood for hours inspecting the sea stars.
I think Jared would have liked to be this turtle. Sleeping in a ray of sunshine. He didn't feel all that great for the first couple days we were in San Diego. He still enjoyed himself though. We just had to keep him fed and we were all okay.Syd or Seymore...I can't remember which is which now, performed their usual show. I remember these two from when I was little. And the pink walrus too. I know they live a long time. It was pretty neat to share some of my childhood with my own children. It was fun. Daphne took this picture along with about 500 others of this seal jumping over this pole. I am so thankful for digital cameras. The sky is the limit on the number of pictures taken. When Jared was real little, I think around 3 or 4. His favorite animal was a manatee. So we had to get an updated picture of him sitting on the manatee. Daphne was hanging on for dear life. She kept sliding back down the tail and I would have to slide her back up just to get one picture.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Pam, how fun. That picture of the whale behind the kids is amazing. Isn't it awesome that we are able to see nature so closely. What a wonderful trip for the children. I love moments when my children serve or express love to one another. It's so nice that your family is able to laugh and have a good time together. Love all of you wish I could have gone with you.

Katherine said...

Way cute background, Pam. Isn't this blogging fun. At the end of the year we have defiantly got to publish them into books before they are gone forever. I have found a place online at Blurp or blurb.com