Saturday, October 31, 2009

Look Who's 17!!!

Talk about time flying by. It feels like just a short time ago that Daphne was only 5! riding on her Daddy's shoulders. Now she is almost as tall as her Dad! When did all that happen? Sometimes I feel like I was asleep or something.
Daphne was the most peaceful child. Her world was right in front of her. This picture is exactly who she was and still is. She sat in that very spot just inspecting the grass around her. Though she did get a little upset when a bug started to crawl on her leg. She can still just get caught up, deep in her thoughts. Dreaming is a very creative ability. To be able to be lost in your thoughts can be a beautiful place. I guess as long as it doesn't cut into what you are really supposed to be doing! I could make a list.

Looking back over the pictures of her first year...I found all of these pictures where she is quietly inspecting her toys or the sand or this flower. It is amazing how God created us to be all so unique in every way. Daphne is that unique! She is almost everything that I am not. I admire that about her. She has an inner artistic ability that just flows through her. She knows things from books that she has read that I don't even know...and even where to find them. Daphne has taught me to be the most patient person I could possibly be. She taught me what it was to be a Mommy. Not a parent...that was Jared's job. But the true meaning of being a Mother. It was so easy to protect and encourage, but I had to learn to be her best advocate for the many challenges that she had growing up. It is amazeing how a Mother's love can be so strong for her child. Enough for each of her children. Daphne probably got a double dose. She was our first born. And now look at her. 17! She is so beautiful. She has the prettiest heart full of peace and tranquility. That is until her Mother enters the room and then poof! back to reality!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Daphne you are absolutely a beautiful
young lady. What a blessing you are to your family with your sweet, gentle spirit. WOW! I can hardly believe that you are 17.

Stephenson said...

I'm going to have a happy cry. She is a beautiful young lady! When did the years fly by? We are so proud to have seen you grow over the years. :) Can't wait to see all the wonderful things God has planned for you in the future. Happy 17th sweet thing.