Thursday, January 9, 2014

Snow Day!

We had an official snow day. We usually don't get real snow days, where school is cancelled. Not when you homeschool. 
Today our co-op classes at Star Academy were cancelled due to the snow.
We were very sad to be missing all our friends, BUT.....
we had an awesome day watching it snow heavily and doing some sledding!
 I ventured out to see how the sledding was going and immediately thought of Calvin and Hobbes when I saw Victoria catch air on this little jump that they had made previously. They were very pleased to discover that it had iced over and was a little more solid than it had been before.
 I continuously missed the shot on Kaleb. He would get to the bottom and I would say...Uugh, I missed it again! I kept making him run back up to the top and try again. He would walk past me making eye contact with a little grin on his face. I think he was wondering if he should object to one more picture or not. He continued every time.
 Some guy backed his truck right up to the sled ramp that the kids have made. Thankfully, no one slid backwards into his tailgate.
My little daredevil.
 Victoria always makes it well known when she gets tired....dramatically.
 It still amazes me that we live here and how much we just love the snow! I love how it just piles up and covers everything. I don't necessarily like the patch of ice that forms under and around the tires of the van. I have to be careful getting in and out of the van. I almost slid under it one day. I am willing to put up with that. I love how invgorating the cold feels. It doesn't zap my energy.
It feels good!




No comments: