Sunday, July 8, 2018

8 Lives

My Lightning Bug has only 8 lives left.
It is true what they say about cats having 9 lives.
He got in a fight last week and got a nick on his nose and a gash on his neck...that we didn't see.
He was so overwhelmed with infection that his RBC's dropped making him extremely anemic.
Monday morning he was laying in front of the garage door...where he NEVER lays....not moving. I picked him up and he was barely responsive.
So Daphne and I took him to the vet where they gave him a shot of antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory. This cat was laying on the table like he was dead.
We thought for sure that he was going to die.
I was having a hard time thinking that my sweet boy wasn't going to make it.
We took him home to watch him closely and within 4 hours, he started to perk up. The next morning he was back to his old self. He has been hanging out a little closer to home too. I think it's to get extra hugs...because he loves us. 
He's one luck kitty!

No comments: