Sunday, July 8, 2018

Summer Arts Camp

I decided this year to offer a Summer Arts Camp rather than just art classes this summer.
It was a HUGE success!
Enrollment was full in May and I had to turn away three kids. I felt bad but was excited that there was an interest. We had 4, 13 year olds, 4, 7 year olds and 4 10-12 year olds. I loved that the older kids were helping the younger kids at times. It was a really fun week with an awesome group of kids.
I even silkscreened my own Arts camp t-shirts!
 A few of the kids do art with me during the school year and the rest were brand new.
 We did 9 different projects, some taking more than one day to complete!
I had canvas' drying with joint compound under the seats in our van.
 My lovely assistants. Victoria was my guinea pig.
 If she showed interest in a project, it got put on the list. 
So I developed it completely around what she wanted to do for Arts Camp.
Daphne came with us every day and helped hand out supplies or help the little kids if they needed.
 We used all sorts of mediums on projects that took multiple days and hours to complete. I was so relieved to have scheduled our time. We had time for everything with very little down time.


Victoria's owl is the one with one big eye and one little eye!
They all turned out so cute. I like how they are all different and portray their own individual style.
We will definately do this again next year. I already have three parents wanting me to reserve spots for their kids for next year!

No comments: