Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving!

I guess our contractor works on holidays. I knew he worked weekends but I wasn't aware of holidays. I was busy working on Thanksgiving Dinner and came around the corner to set up the table when I saw this. I don't complain when I see this. I just change my plans. I am so grateful to have boys who are hard workers and will help their Dad and I accomplish and work through the challenges of this old house. We couldn't do it without them. They were about to put the insert in the chimney for the second time. Our roof is extremely steep. I don't remember the degree but really they need climbing gear to do it safely. Which is why Kaleb is on the ground with rope around the pipe so they don't lose it off the roof. Long story short, the pipe was too wide about 6 feet down! We returned it and cleaned up the old one that they took out of the OTHER chimney. 
Sigh....You gotta love this house!

No comments: