Saturday, December 22, 2018

Mary Did you Know?

My favorite Christmas song is Mary Did You Know?
And I love this painting of Mary kissing baby Jesus.
I often think of when my children were babies and kissing their sweet necks.
Who would have thought that they would grow up to be who they are today.
I think about Mary, and how I'm sure she kissed baby Jesus at that moment, not even thinking about how he was the King of Kings, and definitely not knowing that he would die on the cross for all of us.
I can just imagine that she lived in the moment with her sweet baby, kissing his chubby cheeks, uncurling his fingers wrapped around her hair, prying Joseph's tools out of his chubby hands, and playing peek a boo with his blanket. The King of Kings came to us so he would know us better before he was sacrificed for us....sinners. Thank you Lord for caring for us so much that you came to us as a little wee baby. Thank you for all the love and grace that we don't deserve but are given to us anyway.
Jesus is the reason why Christmas is beautiful! 

No comments: