Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Hiking with Kaleb

These pictures are from Fall break in October.
Kaleb and I were eager to get out before this area will be blanketed with snow.
It has already snowed and higher up the mountain there was still snow in the shade.
We took Jasper along with. He is such a good dog. He stayed close by and did pretty good off leash. All that training is paying off. It was early enough that shadows made a cairn look scary which made him very worried. It took a few minutes for him to finally approach it to see that it wasn't some weird thing that would hurt him. 
All the foliage was a beautiful shade of yellow.
 The beavers have done some hard work to get their dams rebuilt after their areas were flooded a couple years back.

I love to hike with Kaleb. He is my adventuresome child. I can always count on him to want to go out in the wilderness to get away from the hub bub of daily life. The down side is that he is a really fast hiker. At my "over the hill" age, I'm not that fast any more. So he purposely hikes behind me so I set the pace, which takes lots of patience on his part. I don't know if I could do that.
It looks warm but really it was really cold in the shade. All the little leaves had frost around their edges.
Jasper was watching a bird on a rock...he really wanted it but we were able to call him off it. If that were Henry he would have been long gone, and we would have been spending the next hour getting him under control.
Beaver gnawings were all over. They have been hard at work.

No comments: