Friday, November 22, 2019

Bike the Bear

So Kaleb Biked the Bear, a 50 miler around the lake in September. Kirk and the girls went to a Breyer Horse Show in Farmington. Jasper was going to be home way too long for a mischievous guy so I brought him with me to hang out beside the lake while Kaleb peddled his way around the lake in 3 1/2 hours....on a Mountain Bike. Most people had road bikes. This kid is going to smoke bikers out when he finally breaks down and gets himself a gravel bike.
It's hard getting a selfie with a dog who doesn't sit still.
Jasper has so much expression. We had a great time together.
He is enormous for a border collie at 72 pounds.
 They aren't supposed to be that big.


Kaleb is awesome!
He is full of adventure!
He has so much energy and powers it into hiking, biking, backpacking, working....
after every bike race he does, he holds his bike over his head.
This old guy was amazed that Kaleb rode a mountain bike and completed 50 miles in 3 1/2 hours. He wanted to hold his bike up over his head too but said forget it! 
It was pretty funny, the guy said...I'm too tired!!
I wanted to go hiking so bad. On the way home I had told Kaleb that we would have to come back to Limberpine and hike another day. He didn't want to wait, so we went hiking too!
It was awesome! I love spending time with this kid.
We have wonderful conversations and love being out in the wild.
I love having someone to go on adventures with and
 who is always up for some of my wild adventures!

No comments: