Sunday, February 21, 2021

More Snow

We got more snow and then we got 40 degree weather so now it's all melting. Either way it's beautiful.

Brody doesn't seem to mind the snow. He is sopping wet from standing out in a blizzard and then laying in the snow sunning himself.
All the does are pregnant! This will be Paisley's and Bonnie's first babies and Lizzy's fourth. Chloe didn't want her picture taken. She is sterile because she was one of a quadruplets with three brothers. They say that the boys steal her hormones and make her sterile. Something like that.
Goat eyes are very odd. I love that ours all have blue eyes.
Bonnie is pretty low on the pecking order of the herd. So she is always watching to see if we are going to give her special treatment. She always gets extra hay, or cookies, or corn. She knows that she is our favorite. She is imprinted on people because she was the last one out of quads so we automatically bottle fed her and I think the other goats know that.
This is my special spot between the trees in the back that I now have to share with the pony. I'm bummed that I lost my space but I still go back there and just listen to the silence, watch the animals, freeze my toes off.....
Jasper army crawled in the snow to get closer as he was watching me feed the animals out back. You can see his trail.
Brody is a curious guy. I can always count on him sniffing my hair, lipping my zipper, biting my boot....

 

No comments: