Sunday, January 9, 2022

My Favorite Aunt

It has been 6 months since Aunt Carol passed away.
I still can't believe that she isn't here.
She was my favorite Aunt. She always paid attention to me, or would take an interest in what I'm doing. She would ask questions that always would make me feel special as a little kid.
She had a massive stroke from an enormous blood clot. The doctors said that the vaccine she received gave her the clot. Her blood was thick. She thought she was doing the right thing getting the vaccine. She had recently been diagnosed with skin cancer and had a wonderful afternoon with Kathy and Natalie at lunch the day she had her stroke.
It's so hard to believe that she isn't here. I remember one time she said, "when I die, I don't want people sad at my funeral. Don't wear black" I thought these flowers were beautiful. Aunt Carol, off and on was hooked on Rockstars. This guy that was her coworker slipped a Rockstar into her casket next to her. Kathy saw him do it and then forgot about it. So Aunt Carol is buried with a Rockstar in her casket. 
This is Aunt Carol and my Dad.
I remember taking this picture. It was our house in Sylmar on Wheeler Ave. She was funny.
Dad, Aunt Carol, Kathy, Ricky, Kim and Me.
Kathy had a great idea. Aunt Carol had lots of books, so they brought them to her memorial service and let everyone take home any of her books that they wanted. I picked up quite a few autoimmune books and cook books. She was always educating herself in something. She had Biology coloring books and history books. My Mom picked up an exercise book on toning your Butt and Legs. They used to exercise at Jack Lalanes in Van Nuys when we were really little.
We were pretty exhausted. Daphne was still sick with Ulcerative Colitis and literally couldn't eat anything, poor girl. Victoria's dysautonomia was making life difficult. The boys had been working in Bear Lake all week. 

 

No comments: