Sunday, March 12, 2023

4-H Winter Retreat

I wasn't supposed to go.
I didn't want to go.
But, Victoria got another abdominal drain because the fistula from Crohn's Disease is still draining......so......I'm going to 4H Winter Retreat.
Which means, that I am helping with Winter Retreat.
The Ambassador Leaders were happy I was going because then they didn't  have to worry about Victoria. She was in quite a bit of pain and it actually worked out better that I was there so I could see how much she was doing to help her manage her pain.
She pretty much had her own person nurse.
The Retreat was in Provo Canyon just up from Sundance. It was beautiful. I think God knew I needed a break. In between chaparoning, I managed to sneak time alone. I even got my own room. It was pretty awesome!
I helped the Ambassadors get ready for check in. Within the first 30 minutes, they got a balloon stuck in the light fixture and used a hoola hoop to get it down. At least they are resourseful.
Victoria and Olivia taught their workshop on Conflict Resolution. I was really impressed with all of the workshops but I think this one was the most fun. The kids learned quite a bit in a fun way. And Victoria did sit most of the time. I don't think she would have made it through 4 times with 32 kids each time if she was standing. Can't tell she has an abdominal drain huh? No one knew, except for the Ambassadors and Olivia. Victoria is a pretty tough kid.
The camp was closed just the week before due to the snow level. Good thing it opened up for the week for 4H. That would have been pretty sad if they had to cancel it.
This was proof that I managed to get away and do some snow shoeing......by myself. Life at home has been a little stressful dealing with Crohn's Disease.
The Ambassadors and Design Team
This is what happens when you leave kids alone for 10 minutes.
They get creative and stack chairs.
No one knows about it....if you know what I mean.....
This didn't happen......

No comments: