Thursday, March 26, 2009

Victoria's Baptism

We baptized Victoria on Sunday at our new church All Saints Lutheran Church. It was a wonderful and beautiful occasion. We are committed to encouraging our children to have a relationship with God. One that they will keep their whole lives. Pastor Joe made sure to use Victoria's whole middle name...Elizabeth Sophia. I think he was giving us a hard time because she has two and it is long. I think she fits her name. I always feel that the name a parent gives a child is actually the name that God has chosen for that baby. Victoria looked beautiful. She looked like a little princess. I really felt like she was being filled with the Holy Spirit. It brought a tear to my eye watching her. So...I was baptized Catholic...Kirk, Daphne, Jared and Kaleb were baptized Presbyterian. So now Victoria has been baptized Lutheran. Plus Kirk, Daphne, Jared and I were also Baptized Christian. So I think we have all of our bases covered.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

She's not the only Lutheran in the bunch, her Baltimore cousins are both baptized Lutherans and her Aunt Jolie is born and raised Lutheran!

Katherine said...

Congratulations Victoria! It is always a special day when anyone is baptized. The Holy Ghost is a special companion who will protect, guide and teach you. I remember my baptism day, I forgot to bring extra underwear so I had wear my wet ones home! Your dress is so pretty you look like a little princess.

Carol said...

I love your names Victoria. You look beautiful. Congratulations on your baptism. I am proud of you.