Monday, August 17, 2009

Look Who's Ice Skating!

Victoria had a very busy week...She learned to Swim and Ice Skate all in the same week! She thinks it is because she is almost 5! I think she may be right.
Jared loved the thought of wearing his sweatshirt to irritate me. He had to dig way deep in his closet to find his beloved sweatshirt that I would love to burn. He has over worn that thing. In the past I have had to pratically rip it off his back to run it through the wash! Geez. I am glad that taking them to go ice skating with friends gave him an opportunity to bug his mother!
I couldn't keep up with these two. They were having so much fun they were purposely falling. I was doing everything to make sure I didn't fall and these two were sliding on their knees every chance they got. Good thing they don't have very far to go. I kept envisioning something break if I fell so I just made sure I didn't. This is Daphne's proof that she did ice skate. She looked so cute inching around the rink as Victoria and the other kids were passing her up. She is always such a good sport and just keeps plugging along. Kelly or I would give her our arm to help her along and then she would be off on her own again. She only let Jared help her once. Jared has his own style of skating. I could never get a good picture of him. I think he figures the faster he goes the easier it is to stay up. Daphne didn't do too well and fell when he tried to help her. So we decided that before he hurts her he should probably stick to skating solo. Kaleb and his pal Zach. Kaleb refused mentally to wear long pants. When it is 110 degrees outside it is really difficult to wear long pants even if it is 50 degrees inside. He just couldn't do it.

No comments: