Monday, August 17, 2009

Sunsplash!

The kids and I made a "bucket list" of things we wanted to do this summer for fun. It wasn't very big. Spending a day at Sunsplash was one of them. We have only gone twice in the past few years. This time the kids wanted to share it with their Dad. We had a blast. We thought we would only stay a few hours with it being hot and all. Well we ended up having a blast and stayed until they closed. I had only been down one waterslide in my life that my cousin Kathy got me to go down in Utah. After Kaleb and I went down the first one together...we were hooked. Even Victoria liked it. Jared talked his Dad and I into going down the Half Pipe. You ride a double inner tube straight down and curve and go straight up the other side. I was feeling a little gutsy and Kaleb said he would do it if I did it with him. The girls said no way. Okay...can't be that bad. Of course Kirk made us go first. He said it was polite to do so. So Kaleb and I drop out of the shoot...now anyone who knows Kaleb is aware of his high pitch scream...Kaleb screamed all the way down and up the other side and down again....It was so funny...the look on his face...I couldn't get up out of this raft I was laughing so hard. Everyone that was standing around waiting was laughing. We went to walk away on the other side of the slide down the walkway and a guy asked him if he was the one screaming the whole way. It was really funny. Later that night I woke myself up in my sleep laughing to myself. I can still see his face.
He is so cute.

No comments: