Sunday, September 20, 2009

Peach Pie

One of the library books the girls and I checked out was a pie baking book called Farmland's Favorite Pies by Amy and David Butler. Perfect timing for the case of Utah peaches we picked up from our produce co-op. Okay, I know this may sound a little far fetched. This was the second pie I personally have ever made in my entire life! Yes, I know, hard to believe. Kirk is the pie baker. I once made a pumpkin pie (I don't like Pumpkin) long, long ago. I think he had to work late before Thanksgiving or something. So being that I am completely new to this, it turned out almost perfect! I had my ever faithful 4 year old helper in the kitchen. We peeled peaches and ate all of the skins. The crust was so flaky it was incredible. So of course two days later I had to make another one to take to Pastor Phil and Abby when we had dinner together. If you want the recipe for the crust let me know. I will share with you. That was the first thing Kirk wanted was the crust recipe. It's really good!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Oh yum! I love making pies, that is my favorite thing to do for Thanksgiving dinner. Your pie looks fabulous. I bottled my peaches and made a peach crisp, but I should have made a pie. I might buy some for a pie.