Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Talking Flower

Victoria was inspired to go out in the blazing heat of September to gather flowers in her little plastic basket. She was jumping around thinking it was a fantastic idea. I have to admit that first,I thought the type of flowers she would find outside...lantana. If you know what lantana is they are these little, miniscule, teeny, cute flowers that I guarantee will fall through the openings of the baskets. This is what flooded through my head in a matter of seconds. "Mess on the floor". How sad of me. I quickly suggested that she draw her own flowers and cut them out to put in her basket! Great idea? Don't you think so? Clean floor, no dried up, shriveled lantana all over the house. So instead we have little snippets of white paper all over the kitchen floor. I don't think I am supposed to be thinking about the mess. I usually don't but it is almost time to start dinner. It's been a long day. Either way, the flowers she is drawing are adorable. I managed to get one away from her before she cut it up. Though she did tape the stem back on. I love little kid drawings. It has been so long since I have seen girly flowers. With having two boys in between the girls, our fridge displayed aliens, trucks and explosions for quite some time. Aahhh, back to flowers and butterflies. I guess I will have to wait for grandsons to get my dose of trucks and dirt again.

No comments: