Sunday, September 20, 2009

A What?!

It isn't everyone who has a 10 ft Moses in their garage. You know most people park in their garage. Not us. Our garage holds the multitude of art supplies now housing a "hot knife" and polyurethane hard coat to make styrofoam hard. When Kirk said he was planning on sculpting a "Moses" out of styrofoam I said "yeah, okay, whatever". I never really know the magnitude of the project. And I always underestimate his plans. And the mess it makes in the process. Do you know what happens when you sand styrofoam?! Oh, and it gets better! How is he supposed to transport this thing up to Cave Creek 22 miles away!? I suggested we rent a U-Haul for the day and make a field trip out of it. Once he gets it up there it has to be attached to the wall 10 ft up in the air with the parting seas behind it. How do you ask that will happen? That is where I check out and let "the Man" do his thing! I have learned to not try to understand how Kirk thinks. It is a scary place. I just let him do his thing and all is right in my world! This Moses is so bright reflecting the sun Kirk had to wear his sunglasses to work on it. Now that is the glory of God at work!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

WOW, is this another project from the one inside the church building? I bet Kirk is having a blast on this project. It sounds like the creative juices are just a flowing. Way to go Kirk.

Stephenson said...

Love it! You Headley's are so creative.