Friday, February 1, 2013

PE

 We had PE, Homeschool style today.
It warmed up to a beautiful 39 degrees today. I never thought I would say such a thing. But now it is true.  We spent the afternoon at Gibbons Park sledding.
Definately a great way to get in some winter exercise. 
After an hour and a half, Victoria plopped down in the snow and asked if she could put her PJ's on when we get home. that is usually how I know she is tired and has had enough.
Victoria slid right off the edge and onto the side walk....oops.
I am so thankful that my ever growing children enjoy being with eachother.
With the storm this past week that kept us home for several days was driving them to get on eachothers nerves....and mine too.  I didn't think I could stand another day listening to them argue about the most ridiculous things that I have ever heard. And with Kirk gone for week 1 of 4, I felt like it would be an eternity before I have another adult home to have a complete thought with and not become sucked in to the crazy conversations.
This was a great way to expend the energy.  They had a pretty good snowball fight, which I felt was getting a little out of hand, even though there was plenty of laughter. I have learned to yank Victoria out of the way and out of the line of fire of the big kids. It isn't fun being hit with a snowball that my oldest son pelts me with.  He hasn't learned to go easy on his mom yet....hmmm maybe that is more intentional than I think. Either way, they all agreed that they had a great time together and were pleased to be out. The boys coached Victoria on how to slide without flipping over or off her sled. She actually listened to them. It was good to see them play together, no matter how old they may be. 

It was a great day.

No comments: