Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Kaleb's Stocking is done just in time...

Kaleb's stocking is officially completed. (I know it is Christmas Eve, for a while there I didn't think I was going to get it done.) After many hours and years of working on this thing, I am happy to say it is no longer brewing on the back burner. At Thanksgiving I had only 1/3 of it cross stitched. Kaleb was so excited for his stocking to join the ranks hanging, ready to be filled with goodies, I didn't have the heart to let it go another year. Yes, it has been in the works for the past few years. It is a little odd that each of the kids so far had their stocking completed when they were 8 years old. I don't know how that happened. It just did. When I started on Kirk's we were barely married and was stitched "Kirk". After Daphne was born, I changed it to "Dad". So much more appropriate. So now I get to go to bed at a decent hour. I won't be staying up to 3 a.m. stitching away. I am getting too old to be doing that. At least for another 4 years, when Victoria is 8 and asking when hers will be done. The kids keep teasing that they are going to ask for one for my grandchildren. I said "no way". I will do them something else. This is all I have cross-stitched in the past 18 years! I would really like to try my hand at something else, thank you. (I managed to get Kaleb's favorite stuffed animal "Cheezer" to pose for a stitching. He is sitting on the dresser under the pig.)


3 comments:

Stephenson said...

Okay, you are just too sweet. That is a lot of work. Kudos to you for such dedication. Can I put in a request for my grandchildren, too?

Katherine said...

They are absolutely beautiful. What neat treasured memoriablia the children will have.

Carol said...

Those are awesome. They are beautiful. And what a dedicated mom.