Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Miss Librarian

I think Daphne would make a great children's librarian. She doesn't agree. I guess we don't have to. She has a photographic memory for what she sees in books, or what stories are about and can go right to where they are on the shelf. She has a gift. There was a time that I may have not believed some fact that she was sharing until she showed me up by presenting me with an open book on that fact. Okay... We love the library. It is the only place that the kids have no limits. They can check out whatever number of books they want, on whatever subject. Within reason of course. Our basket at home has been known to be overflowing at times. Though the older kids do put two limits on Victoria's choice of DVD's. No "Wiggles" and no "Barney". I usually don't let them stifle each others unique interests. Though I have to say, I let them enforce this one. There is only so much you can listen to Barney.

No comments: