Sunday, December 20, 2009

Gingerbread Houses

Every year we save the Halloween candy to decorate a gingerbread house. Once me missed making one at Christmas so we made one for Valentines Day. It was really cute. Anyway...we had this huge supply so we decided to make three. One for us of course, and two for our neighbors. They were a big hit. Kirk was really clever in using left over styrofoam as a base. Pretty cool idea!
These boys! They kept eating our supply. I wasn't sure if I was more worried about how much sugar they were eating or that we might run out of candy. It is amazeing to see how much food these two boys consume. Especially the big one. Either way, we had a great time decorating them. Great family time. Even when the roofs kept sliding down from the weight of the candy and the walls were caveing in on itself. A few stressful moments that always turned into laughter. The great part is that we finally got rid of all of that stored candy. Yay!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I love the gingerbread houses. One year the kids and I made gingerbread nativities. I found a candy mold for the nativity, so we made them out of white choco. and the stable was gingerbread.