Sunday, October 8, 2017

Math or Carpentry?

The fun thing about Homeschooling is that you can incorporate life skills into the subjects you are studying. Kaleb and I got talking one day back in February about angles and such in the Geometry that he was studying. We decided that we really needed some Adirondack chairs to match the one that Jared built a couple years ago. It took us a couple months juggling around Kaleb's and my work schedule but we finally got them done by the end of summer!
I learned so much about carpentry from my 17 year old son. He ran the show. He has gleaned so much knowledge working along side his brother. I didn't know he was so comfortable doing so. We only goofed a couple times that we refuse to bring to anyone's attention. Some things are better left unsaid. I think they are beautiful. I can't wait to get the other three done so we 
can all have one to sit around the fire pit. 
Nothing like a comfy chair to sit around a campfire.

No comments: