Monday, January 12, 2009

Daphne's Pictures

Last summer, after all of our Sunflowers had done their thing...Daphne sat down with a pile and removed all the seeds to give to the birds. She thought she had cleaned them up. But one little seed was left behind to sprout into a beautiful 6 ft plus sunflower. At first we weren't sure what it was but then when it was about 4 inches high Daphne remembered what she had done in that very spot. It was a beautiful surprise. Especially among all the frozen plants. When we lived in San Luis Obispo among the fields of flowers, Kirk would occasionally bring me home 3 sunflowers. I loved them. They were simply beautiful. Daphne reminds me of a sunflower. She is tall like a sunflower and simply...beautiful. Inside and out. The kids and I planted a ring of sunflowers last summer. It took forever for them to finally bloom. And when they did bloom we were on vacation for 3 weeks and we missed it. Daphne is like a sunflower. Just growing and growing and then finally blooming. The greatest part is I haven't missed her blooming.

3 comments:

Katherine said...

Very nice Daphne! I love Sunfloweres, they are a happy flower to me. So full of color!

Carol said...

Daphne, you are the best. I love sunflowers too.

Katherine said...

You are an awesome photographer. I want to take a photography class, but there aren't many of those being offered up here in Malad!