Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Psalm 20

I had something awesome happen to me yesterday morning that has really made a difference. I was feeling a little overwhelmed with juggling the hats and meeting all the kids needs. And feeling this way first thing in the morning is not good. So I sat down on the floor next to my bed and pulled out my Bible and decided that I would just open it and read the first line that comes into my visual field. My eyes literally fell on Psalm 20. It addressed every single one of our family needs in just one Psalm. I couldn't believe it. And the rest of the day...was awesome. Nothing could bother me. And the best part was I had the mental and physical energy to stay one step ahead of each of the kids. Mostly Victoria. I have never thought it possible to stay ahead of Victoria. God is so good. It was a miracle and exactly what I needed to hear. I have read it several times since then and have read it to Kirk and the kids for words of encouragement. I love how God works! In case you haven't read it lately...here it is.



Psalm 20


May the Lord answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you. May he send you help from the sanctuary and grant you support from Zion. May he remember all your sacrifices and accept your burnt offerings. May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the Lord grant all your requests. Now I know that the Lord saves his anointed; he answers him from his holy heaven with the saving power of his right hand. Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we rise up and stand firm. O Lord, save the king! Answer us when we call!




I love the part...some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we rise up and stand firm. It reminds me that I can stand up to the enemy on a daily basis through the Name of God. And the way our world is today, I definately want God ahead of me showing me the way. It reminded me that I can't fight the battle alone. I can only succeed with the help of God before me. It also reminded me that God knows what hardships we have everyday. He knows what we need and what we don't need. This passage brings security to my heart that we aren't on our own surviving. We are living with a loving Heavenly Father in our hearts. How awesome is that!

2 comments:

Stephenson said...

Amen!

Katherine said...

The scriptures are awesome and are a wonderful source of strength and power. I have had experiences such as that where I have opened the scriptures and the Lord speaks to me. Thank you for sharing your sacred experience. We must be strong and immovable in our faith.