Thursday, January 1, 2009

Woo Hoo, Snow!

We spent our last day of 2008 treking up to Flagstaff for some fun! It was awesome! We all had a great time. The kids didn't even want to stop to eat their lunch. In fact, they ate on the drive home. A loving push from dear old Dad.
Daphne literally flew down on this saucer. She couldn't stop laughing when it was all over. We were down to one saucer that Kirk and I had from our early days together. We were laughed at in Phoenix when calling around for inner tubes or snow sleds of any sort. So I called Discount Tire in Flagstaff and the guy was happy to sell us tubes. When we got there, they said they sold 150 inner tubes last weekend. Jared is still on this igloo kick. He is so much like his Dad. So now he is experimenting like Survivor Man. He figured that he could put tree branches across the top with a covering and stay quite comfortable. I think I would rather my warm bed.
Kaleb started building this cool fort. Being the little guy of the family, he got some extra help from Mom and Big Sis. It was really cool, no pun intended, because the snow had froze on top making these 5 inch thick or so slabs of snow. Perfect for fort building. It was hard on the bigger people to walk because every step we took we sank up to our knees in some places. It was a crack up watching Victoria run across the top. Kaleb vacated our fort to join ranks with Dad when he realized that it was easier to throw snowballs down hill rather than up hill. Daphne and I were being pelted with flying snowballs. AAhhh. Kaleb in angelic form. I barely got to get my feet up out of the way and down we slid. Victoria kept flying up out of my lap. I had a hard time holding onto the tube and her at the same time. It was great. There is just something so adorable about little children bundled up head to toe and sliding down snowy hills in oversized tubes. A real cutey.
I'm cold...my toes are frozen...Mommy...I want to change my clothes now.... I guess that was a sure sign it was time to pack it up after 2 hours. BooHoo. It was awfully quiet on the way home.






4 comments:

Katherine said...

Isn't the snow great. What a beautiful day. It snowed 24 hours straight on Christmas day. The igloo reminds me of when a friend of ours took Seth and Wind hiking up Rock Canyon to build an igloo (very big one). Then the hiked up there again to camp over night in it. We all hiked up there for them to show it to us. I then sled with the kids most of the way back down the trail. Sometimes we had to yell for people to get out of our way because we didn't have any control of the sled and we were coming fast.

Stephenson said...

That looks like fun!

Carol said...

The snow looks so white. You guys looked like you had a blast. Wonderful.

Carol said...

Kathy, you do such dangerous things. I am glad I wasn't there to watch you. That little message was for Kathy and now this is for you Pam, what a great family and what a great time you have together.