Monday, January 12, 2009

Lion King Live!

We gave Daphne two tickets to see The Lion King way back in October for her 16th birthday. It seemed so far into the future when we bought the tickets in Sept. Boy it creeped up on us. So, Daphne and I had a Mother/Daughter night out. The show was incredible. It brought tears to my eyes it was so spectacular. The opening scene alone with all the animals and then the elephant...I wish I could have gotton pictures. Of course Daphne knew every single line. It was exactly like the original. The dancers/actors were perfect for their part and were extremely talented individuals with singing, speaking and dancing. I think it was a perfect present. I wish we all could have gone. It was a great memory for Daphne and I to have together. I will always remember it. I hope she will too. (Though I think she is trying to forget the paper she has to write on it now and the sketches of the costumes.)

4 comments:

Katherine said...

What a beautiful picture of the two of you. I remember taking Sundi to the Nutcracker. What I remember the most was Sundi pestering me for gum. I think she was more excited about the gum than the show.

Stephenson said...

You are a good mom. I have heard fabulous reviews of the show. How exciting ya'll were able to partake in it all.

Carol said...

I agree with Kathy, the picture of you two is beautiful. What a great moment for both of you.

Katherine said...

Hope you don't mind, but I saved this picture of you two. I even posted it on facebook!!!!