Monday, January 12, 2009

I have a Library card!

Victoria is a take charge kind of gal. Miss Independence. I can do it myself kind of girl. It reminds me of myself. Not fun sometimes. Anyway, we were at our favorite place today. The library. They are issuing new cards to everyone. So when we were trading in our old cards Victoria piped up and said "well, where is my card?". She has been asking for one for the past year. I'm not kidding. I thought they had to be 5 for some reason. The lady at the desk said it was up to the parent. Victoria immediately looked at me and had a look of "Well, come on." So Victoria got her very own Library card today. She even signed it too. You would have thought you handed her a Golden ticket..a million bucks...eternal life... She is very proud of her new card. And wouldn't let me touch a single book that she was checking out. She had to do it all by herself!

3 comments:

Katherine said...

What a cutie! Sundi was the same way, and now she lives on her own; working, going to school, paying all of her own bill (my favorite). She is growing up and she loves to let me know that she is in charge of her life, NOT ME! Sometimes I laugh...but mostly get annoyed and try to keep my mouth shut and smile.

Stephenson said...

It is the golden ticket. Rachel loves using her library card. It was a big day when we went to go get her card. Congratulations Victoria! You have one of the best cards a young girl could own.

Carol said...

What a great kid. Pam, I finally put something on my blog. Look at it. Please leave a comment.