Monday, September 1, 2008

The Whole Neighborhood

I know it looked like we had the whole neighborhood at our house but it was really only one family. My high school friend Maryanne and her whole family, totalling 8, came for dinner on Sunday. I just noticed that I missed getting a picture of her youngest Brendan, who is 2 and her husband Pat. The kids cooled off on our water slide which barely fits in our backyard.
Daphne and Mary are the same age and have known each other since they were babies. Of course they hung out doing girl things...talk,talk,talk.
Isn't she pretty? Maryanne and I have alot of history together at Friday night football games, chatting every morning during home room, to kids, husbands, homeschooling... We just pick up where we left off. I love her. We have always wanted to live in the same neighborhood but always knew that we probably wouldn't get anything done if we did. It was fun having them over.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Is that pool slide thing in YOUR backyard. How fun! Good, solid friends are great people. I have two very dear friends that I can talk to about anything, who will always be there, and importantly help me to grow as an individual.