Saturday, October 4, 2008

Animal Blessing

This morning we drove Henry out to our friend's church for an Animal Blessing. Our friend Father Dart told of the story of St. Francis and the wolf of Gubbio and how this vicious animal submitted before St. Francis. The wolf was commanded to stop hurting people and other animals. Later,at his death, the wolf was found in the church lying on the floor in front of a creche with baby Jesus in the manger. It was Christmas time. It reminds you that God can do anything! So back to the Blessing. There were horses, hermit crabs, lizards, a pet turtle and mostly dogs. My Mom's doggy even came. It was great! I loved the thought that our beloved pets are important as God's creatures. Plus I am expecting a miracle! by golly. Something has to work on Henry! Just kidding. Henry is a really good dog. I couldn't have found him on our own. It is a "God thing" that he is a part of our family. We love him.This was one of the horses there. Daphne found out that it was born in England. It is a Gypsy Vanner. To me it looked like a painted Fresian. He spent the entire time scratching his back along the branches of this mesquite tree. The whole tree shook.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Those are great stories. I think Henry is the best dog. I loved the way he played with Duke at Rich & MaryKaye's house. Love you guys.