Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Camping in Cottonwood

The boys took Henry for his first canoe ride. I think he was okay with it until he saw me on the shore. Then he wanted out. And he wasn't going to wait either. So in his true nature, he decided to think for himself and jumped. He swam for it! Through all kinds of green mucky plant life. It was kind of gross. But he is a dog and dogs don't care if they smell or have yucky debris coating their fur.
For anyone who camps I really think this is the best cooking aparatus that we have ever owned! My friend Kelly gave me the idea. All those years my poor mom was cooking on a little camp stove (which is what we have been doing for the past 20 years) when she could have had a non stick propane skillet that actually works. I love this thing. It was worth every penny. It is big enough to cook eggs and potatoes at the same time and still be warming up water on the stove to wash dishes. Cool, huh. No more roughin it for us.
We have been studying Native Americans so we decided a trip to Montezumas Castle and Tuzigoot Ruins would be a nice family field trip. Which is why we camped in Cottonwood. Daphne took this picture. Victoria was eagerly waiting to see a "castle". So when we got there she jumped up and down, yelling at the top of her voice, "Hey guys, there's the castle!" A German Tourist group was standing there to be blasted with her little American voice and got a chuckle. I am sure she got her point across.



1 comment:

Stephenson said...

Ya'll should write a book about your adventures!