Thursday, December 20, 2012

12/12/2012

Jared caught the time of 12:12 p.m. and 12 sec on 12/12/12.
There is a neat story behind this watch.  When he was about 5 years old, we were vacationing in San Diego, California. My Dad and I were walking the kids back from the restrooms along burning hot sand when I saw this watch just lying on the ground.  Someone had dropped it.  Of course there was no one around so I picked it up and immediately saw these little dolphins jumping across the screen.  It has little jelly fish and a moon and stars too.  My Dad was carrying Jared so I ran up to show them. 
My Dad was like....... wow, what a neat watch, let me see that. 
I know better than to hand things over to my Dad. 
I was not going to let go of this one. 
Kirk doesn't wear a watch so I asked Jared if he wanted to wear it?
He has worn it every day ever since.
Everytime my Dad sees Jared he askes him....
So, how's my watch?
It took us about three years to figure out how to turn off the 5 am and 5 pm alarm.
He has managed to wear through about 3 bands and two batteries.
Not bad for it being found on the beach.


No comments: