Saturday, December 15, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!
Daphne painted this back in 2002 in our little co-op.  I think this was Kelly's idea and it brought tears to my eyes when I pulled it out.  I can remember Kylee and Daphne sitting at the table the longest painting. That feels so long ago. Christmas does that.  It makes you think about where you've been and where you're going. When I think back to this past year and question how we even survived I just know that there is only one reason.
God sent his only son, a baby. A tiny squishy, baby to save all of us.  And all we have to do is believe in him.  That's it.  Why it took me so many, many years to really believe that I have no idea.  Sure, I believed it but now I really, really, believe it. In fact, I know it.  Because it is only through our faith in Jesus Christ did we make it this past year. It is only through God's plan did our family even make it up here.  How my sister came out of the wordwork to drive all our worldly posessions 800+ miles in a diesel truck at no cost to us.  That was the work of our Heavenly Father! All those years, God was molding us for the plan he has for us right now.  It is evident through our new church, our new friends, our new homeschool co-op, our renewed relationships with eachother in our little family.  I can look back now and see how it has all come together.  Long ago, I think when Kaleb was just a little thing, I prayed for God to use me in ways that he wanted, and when the time came for that to happen, I also prayed that he would put it in my heart to totally trust him and what he had planned for our family.  Many of you know how much of a control freak I am. So I knew that it was going to take A LOT for me to be totally obedient to what God wanted and not necessarily what I wanted.  We are there.  Like, really there! Our family is in IT.  And it keeps happening over and over and over again.  Every day I feel like God is revealing that plan and I have found....no God has sent new friends...who share that with me. I have found renewed strength in my faith.  It is totally awesome! Beyond words. And to think that it all started with a little baby. 
A baby born a king.  

No comments: