Saturday, April 7, 2012

A New Doily

What a funny word....
Doily.
I wonder what it was derived from.  I will have to look that up.
Anyway, I finally finished this doily.
It took me forever to finish. I guess because
I didn't really have much time to work on it.
Thanks to my lovely Cousin Kathy's inspiration of trying my hand at another pattern.
I really like this one. Though I took out,
maybe 15 rows, about 3-4 times!
It was horrible, but I wanted to get it right.
At first I didn't want Kathy to see it.
Hers are absolutely beautiful with perfect stitches.
Mine are a bit looser and well....
less perfect.
We are both perfectionists.
But I finally gave in and let her see it.
She said it was good and turned out really nice!
Now I have to find a place for it that will be a guarantee that Mattie cat
will not be sitting on it.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

This doily is absolutely beautiful and will be so pretty in your home. When I made my cake, my friend wanted to come over and help me and I refused. I would not let her see it.