Friday, October 30, 2015

Kokanee Salmon

I have always wanted to see salmon swimming up stream but never thought it would happen since we live far from the ocean. Some how the Kokanee Salmon are living an abundant life in Porcupine Reservoir and swim up the creek that naturally pours into it's basin.


 It was amazing to watch these fish fight the current, struggling to make their way up stream to lay and fertilize their eggs. We saw several jump up over waterfalls after fighting the current for quite some time. Quite a few were resting alongside rocks gearing up to make their jump.
 Nana and Poppa are always up for one of our adventures. This one took place after church. A perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
Fall was just starting to set in displaying all of its beauty.
The bopsy twins.
I have always wanted to be able to see the seasons change especially witnessing the fall colors. I had no idea that God would plant me where I get to experience it every year. I think I like God's plan far better than my own, so I plan to stick with his way.....


No comments: